VISTA, Calif. (October 8, 2020) —Marantz® today announced its new 8K surround AV pre-amplifier, the AV7706. Featuring 11.2 channel XLR and RCA pre-outs, the AV7706 is the bedrock of any system demanding masterful fidelity. Designed for use with high-quality external amplification like the Marantz MM8077, MM7055 and MM7025, the AV7706 is not only is it a superb AV processor, it is an extraordinary analog preamplifier with Marantz’s proprietary HDAM circuitry in the preamp section, ensuring optimal channel separation, minimum crosstalk and enhanced signal to noise ratio for precise detail resolution and stereo imaging. Additionally, ELNA capacitators in the analog section ensure exceptional power and dynamic ability for traditional physical sources, like record players and CDs.
“The AV7706 enables the next chapter of entertainment with the highest quality, crystal clear viewing experience and masterful-quality external power amplification for the most demanding active speakers,” said Joel Sietsema, President, Marantz. “Our team continues to build on our storied 68-year history to set the standard for high-performance home cinema. Fans will enjoy the audiophile sound you expect from Marantz combined with the latest in video and audio decoding. As always, we are proud to deliver sophisticated engineering and our exquisite sound, all in a processor engineered to be the foundation of the most versatile premium performance home theater experience.”
Advanced 8K HDMI Connectivity with eARC support
The new Marantz AV7706 provides ample connectivity options with eight HDMI inputs and three outputs. One dedicated 8K input supports 8K/60Hz or 4K/120Hz pass-through capability, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, Dolby Vision, HLG, HDR10, 21:9 video, 3D, and BT.2020 pass-through while the latest HDCP 2.3 copy protection standard is supported on all HDMI inputs. Showcasing all the latest HDMI technology and specifications, the AV7706 enables enthusiasts to elevate their video viewing, gaming and TV watching experience with HDR10+, Dynamic HDR, auto low latency mode (ALLM), variable refresh rate (VRR), quick media switching (QMS), and quick frame transport (QFT) support. The video processor can also upscale any native video source up to 8K quality. In addition, the AV7706 features HDMI eARC which supports 3D audio formats like Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X® in masterful quality directly from the TV source.
Full 3D Audio Support
For full immersion in multi-dimensional audio, the AV7706 supports the latest surround formats, including Dolby Atmos®, Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology, DTS:X®, DTS Virtual:X, IMAX® Enhanced, and Auro-3D®.
Built with Integrators in Mind
All new Marantz AV receivers and pre-amps offer extended support for easy custom integration. Features OvrC and Domotz Pro, two major remote monitoring and management technologies along with dedicated web user interface to set up the AV receiver from a computer on the same network. Installers can easily monitor the status of connected products and troubleshoot remotely from a separate location or on-the-go.
Additionally, with external RS232 and IP control capabilities, the AV7706 is easily customizable for use with third-party integration solutions. It also offers IP control capability for major third-party control devices, as well as Control4 SDDP (Simple Device Detection Protocol) certification for seamless integration with Control4 home automation equipment. IR (infrared) remote control input and output are included on the rear panel for remote control compatibility with other components in your home theater system.
AV7706 Key Features
- 11.2 channel XLR pre-out; 11.2 channel RCA pre-out
- 8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz pass-through support for every entertainment need: 8 HDMI inputs (incl. 1 front) with full HDCP 2.3 support; 3 HDMI outputs (incl. Zone 2)
- With 8K/60Hz pass-through and upscaling, Dynamic HDR and QMS, enjoy the smoothest, crystal-clear picture quality available
- With 4K/120Hz pass-through, VRR, ALLM and QFT, experience gaming thrills with amazing imaging with reduced lag and tearing
- The latest HDR format support including HDR10, HDR10+ (New in 2020), HLG, Dolby Vision, 4:4:4 color resolution and BT.2020, as well as Dynamic HDR (New in 2020) provides exceptional brightness, clarity, and contrast for miraculous picture quality
- Advanced video processing with analog to HDMI conversion; SD to HD/8K upscaling
- Dolby Atmos®, Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology, DTS:X®, DTS Virtual:X, IMAX® Enhanced, and Auro-3D® processing for exceptional listening in all your favorite audio styles
- eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) supports the most advanced surround and object-based audio formats via single HDMI connection between AVRs and compatible TVs
- Reference-class 32-bit AKM D/A converters on all channels ensures consistent high fidelity and precise channel matching across all channels for the ultimate listening experience.
- Stream music from Internet Radio, Spotify Connect, Pandora, SiriusXM, Amazon Music HD, TIDAL, Deezer and more with Bluetooth, AirPlay 2 and HEOS® Built-in
The Marantz AV7706 ($2,499) is available at all authorized Marantz retailers and custom integrators and online at marantz.com.
Marantz was founded in 1953 by Saul Marantz with a simple philosophy: getting the listener as close as possible to the original recording. Marantz’s love of music inspired an uncompromising ear and eye for detail and led to the development of products that would define excellence for generations of listeners. Tantamount to Saul Marantz’s original mission, Marantz product design, materials and components result in the Most Musical Sound to this day. Marantz is a part of Sound United LLC. Additional information is available at www.us.marantz.com.
About Sound United
Sound United was founded in 2012 with a simple mission – to bring joy to the world through sound. Today, we’re one of the world’s largest portfolio audio companies and home to several legendary audio brands—Denon®, Marantz®, Polk Audio, Classé, Definitive Technology, HEOS, and Boston Acoustics®. Each brand boasts its own philosophy and unique approach to bringing home entertainment to life.
With centuries of collective experience, Sound United oversees the design and manufacture of a diverse array of premium audio products, including loudspeakers, sound bars, AV receivers, wireless speakers, amplifiers, turntables, and headphones. We create distinct and memorable listening experiences for a wide range of consumers in more than 130 countries. For more information on Sound United and our mission, please visit www.soundunited.com.
Jessica Darrican[email protected]